BT Openworld & Yahoo adverts out of this world!

Webmaster 03:17 11 Sep 03

Just a quick post. Has anybody seen the new BT Openworld & Yahoo advertisements being broadcast on the television? I question what statement they are trying to convey.... that they actually had involvement in the very beginnings of the Internet?

Hmmm.... this could be an insult to the likes of Tim Berners - Lee et al. Whatever will BT & Yahoo suggest next? :-/

paul654 10:09 11 Sep 03

Should rebrand themselves.....BT Overpriced.

SheffieldSpy 11:45 11 Sep 03

BT has provided most of the network backbone that makes the internet possible in the UK.

How is it an insult?? They have helped to make the internet a reality in the UK.

SheffieldSpy 11:47 11 Sep 03

BT have made the internet accessible to many in the UK.

SheffieldSpy 11:57 11 Sep 03

However I do agree with Paul654

Webmaster 14:12 11 Sep 03

I am aware of the fact that BT provide most of the network backbone, but the advertisement suggests that they, in partnership with Yahoo, invented the idea. I could have mentioned that I knew about BT providing a vast backbone but thought it was not on the same subject as 'thinking' about the creation of the Internet as an ideal.

SheffieldSpy 14:29 11 Sep 03

Sorry, I rarely watch the drivel the broadcasters put out. I've not seen the ad yet.

Sorry about mis-interpreting your message.

Have you tried the ASA?

Webmaster 00:45 12 Sep 03

That's okay, SheffieldSpy. Well, this is the message I got from the advert, but to be honest, I may have interpreted it wrong myself as I have only seen the advert once or twice whilst, really, trying not to pay much attention. ;-)

andyhuz 09:49 12 Sep 03

You mean you have time to watch the T.V.?! Your poor neglected P.C. must miss you dreadfully.

I don`t waste much time watching T.V. and if I do then it`s BBC2 so no adverts anyway.

As for B.T. I only wish there was a realistic nationwide alternative to the services they offer. Here in rural Norfolk we have no choice but to use B.T.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…