BT kept me happy too, even tho I was cancelling.

cdb 00:38 23 Feb 03

I have just tranferred to NTL broadband, and was told by BT that they would contact me for the return of the adsl equipment. (which I thought I had purchased). I emailed them to explain the situation and this was there reply.

Dear Mr CDB,

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

Our engineering department will make one attempt to collect the rented equipment and find it more cost effective to write it off instead of sending out an engineer twice.

You will not be charged for the equipment, and is yours to do with as you wish.

Should you require further assistance or information, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected] or telephone the Order Management Desk on 0800 169 8649 option 2.

Best regards

Julie Pullen
BT Openworld Broadband Team
click here

This electronic message contains information from BT Openworld, which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended for use only by the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify me by telephone or email (to the number or email address above) immediately.

BT Openworld is the mass market internet access division of British Telecommunications plc Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ Registered in England no: 1800000

That was nice of them, because I was at a funeral the day they arranged to come.

SpyMan²°°­­³ 00:42 23 Feb 03

take the rough with the smooth...i like it [:o))

spuds 11:52 23 Feb 03

Must have changed their practises.At one time, you could have taken any BT returned equipment into the local BT shop.When these closed down, it was a case that BT sent a package container, with a freepost address, which you handed into your nearest post office.Possibly a bit like the TV Digital boxes, which proved more hassle to collect, than to give away, as surplus to requirements.

oresome 13:55 23 Feb 03

I can understand that in practise it's not worth making more than one visit to recover the kit, but to tell you as much may encourage you not to be in when the engineer calls if you perceive the kit to be of any value.

As spuds says, you used to get a container to send the redundant item back in. I returned a phone this way when we purchased one to save on the rental cost. Can't imagine they did anything with it.

Many years ago, the phones used to be refurbished and rented out again. That's before the Chinese manufactured them for next to now't.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…