BT , Im now paying extra VAT .....

woofwoofbark 16:35 22 Jan 07

Last July I switched packages from BT 2mb package to thier 'upto 8mb option 4'.Before the switch I was paying the £29:99 each month through direct debit , and only paying the £29:99 , now I have to pay for the broadband through my bill , My last bill was in early july ,just before I switched to the new package , My October quarterly bill came in and I was shocked to have to pay for 6 months broadband , july - september ( 3 previous months usage AND october - december (next 3 month usage in advance).Because I pay through the phone bil , BT do not give the option to continue paying through direfct debit , I now have to pay VAT for the total broadband usage , grrr ..I dont make much calls so the total cost of calls wasnt much but with line rental and broadband and call my VAT was around £25 , thats nearly as much as I pay each month , so in thoery im paying for 4 months broadband each quarter and only getting 3 months worth. for this reason I have been looking around at other ISP's and a few still give the option to pay by monthly direct debit.My currant contract runs out in july , ive just payed a bill that includes advance broadband payment from january to march , so 3 months from now I will be paying april may june , this will round of my 12 month contract , in which i will not hesiate to mve!!

rant over :p

Has anyone else got issues with this setup ?

NotSoTechnical

Aargh 16:58 22 Jan 07

No ISP is perfect and I'm sure others will argue against my choice.

I signed up for Pipex Homecalls up to 8mb package which includes calls & line rental

I pay £10.99 line rental, £12.50 for calls (its curently £6.25 as an offer if you sign up now) and £6.50 for the internet. They have packages for heavy internet use, but as family we get by fine on the cheap package - all in for £29.99

They will undercut BT on all calls etc, and you can keep your existing emaill address if you use Outlook/OE etc

Pipex took over Homecall some time ago and it has been problem free.You get billed monthly and pay by DD.

click here

Mr Mistoffelees 17:49 22 Jan 07

Why do you not pay for the whole phone and broadband package monthly via direct debit? As for VAT, well of course you have to pay it for total broadband usage, so does everyone else.

Stuartli 18:13 22 Jan 07

Yes, but VAT is/should be included in the listed price for the service.

Mr Mistoffelees 18:44 22 Jan 07

I use BT for phone and BB and pay by monthly direct debit. The advertised prices for the services I use include VAT. The bill shows the ex-VAT charges and the VAT separately as well as the final charge including VAT.

dewskit 18:56 22 Jan 07

NotsoTechnical

I raised this issue a while ago.
click here
Just as a matter of interest, have you checked that BT did not continue to collect your £29.99 a month from your account, additionally to the six months of charges. I am still trying to get two months double charges back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5