BT cuts wholesale broadband prices - good news?

georgemac 08:23 14 May 04

click here bt has cut the wholesale prices charged to competitiors for using the BT network.

Will this mean a lot of new cheaper broadband packages available for consumers?

At last with BT also committed to enable most of the other UK telephone exchanges for broadband, will we see a large take up of broadband services?

spuds 12:41 14 May 04

This as been on the cards for some time now.Ofcom have given BT certain 'suggestions', which they [Ofcom] would like to see implimented, without too much delay.

I doubt if any savings will be passed onto the customer of the various ISP's,due to the constant stated fact that all ISP's are struggling to make a living.Perhaps more promo offers, may soften the blow a little!.

oresome 17:38 14 May 04

As a BT shareholder, I view the news as bad! Today's share price fall suggests the city's not too impressed either.

Djohn 18:26 14 May 04

Tiscali will be pleased with this. Heard on SKY news earlier on that their [Tiscali] shares have been frozen due to overspending in the broadband sector.

Aristocatman 22:28 15 May 04

I bet they don't reduce the price of my BT Yahoo package.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…