//some 3rd party need geo

BT Broadband Price Reductions

Macaonasa 17:58 30 Jun 04

25% reduction etc:

click here

georgemac 07:03 01 Jul 04

"According to Enders Analysis, BT has been losing market share because rivals have been undercutting it on price." an extract from the article above.

In my opinion the price cuts are not enough to stop BT losing market share, people will continue to switch to others providing the same service at a lower cost.

The price cuts also come with a cap introduced on usage, although I imagine the limits would be more than enough for 99% of users.

I will be getting bb in around a month :-) but the price cuts are not enough to tempt me to go with BT. The £19.99 package with 1 gb limit only allows you to connect 1 pc - what is the sense in this? If I had 3 pc's but did not download a lot, I would still be limited to 1 GB - does not make sense to me.

georgemac 07:05 01 Jul 04

from the same article, wanadoo £17.99 per month with 2 gb download limit, so who would choose the BT service ahead of this? When our village gets connected to ADSL I will probably be asked by a lot of people who they should go with. I cannot see me making any recommendations for BT.

Stuart Leyland 11:29 01 Jul 04

We've been on BT Broadband for well over 18 months now and I can honestly say I have had no problems with it since we started using it. Getting connected was a pain though because of a breakdown in communication between Sky and BT (they had a deal at the time) but since then, there have been no problems and no download cap either. Even with the cap in place now, it's set at 15GB which is more than enough for practically anyone! I wouldn't want to go on to a service with a download cap of around 2GB a month. Downloading many movie clips can soon eat into that.

I am happy with BT Broadband (note: not BT Yahoo - that has been capped to 2GB) and am unlikely to change any time soon. I just feel that some of the companies offering prices below £20 might run into difficulties soon whereas I know that BT is likely to be around for a long, long time.

harps1h 19:48 01 Jul 04

pipex offer good value @ £23.44 a month with no cap. i have only suffered one drop in the 9 months i hace bb. that was the much talked outage on sunday past

mikef. 21:08 01 Jul 04

Just got my price reduction email today-- note the cap is 15GB a month if you use 512 or 30GB if you use 1MB connection and these will only come onto force next year, I must admit I'll have major problems using anywahere near my 15GB LIMIT.

christmascracker 22:46 01 Jul 04

Agree with Stuart, I've been on BT broadband since last September and very happy with them.

Any problems and they are quick to be sorted. Plus the added bonus of being able to pay it quarterly as part of the normal phone bill. Not everyone needs or wants a credit card.

Chronos 10:47 02 Jul 04

as with some of the above, i have been with BT.BB since it started..might be a bit dearer, and it has never played up once, and if it did, at least BT can not turn round and say it is someone else's fault.......... so it is BT.BB for me...

Lionheart ? 13:43 02 Jul 04

Upgrading to the 1MB connection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…