BT BROADBAND NIGHTMARE! part 2

bartyboy 13:24 18 Apr 08

part 2

And slow download speeds. Once again I emailed the guy in India. He rang me back the following day and said he did not think is was my pc, my home hub or my line and then said it could be the exchange, he also said that if more people had joined then that would slow me down and maybe too many people were online slowing me down. I think this is rubbish! After getting my speed back when the FUP team sorted it. I also check my exchange with this site although I am not sure if it is any good: click here this reported:

There are currently no known capacity problems on your exchange. There may still be an exchange problem, however BT are not currently reporting that they are aware of it. Please contact Support if you are having speed problems, who can advise further.

The guy from India phoned me the day after and said if my speed drops below 460 which is less than 0.5mb to let him know!! So nothing done and my speed cut to one third of what it was.
I was stressed which with my condition is one thing I must avoid. So stressed I rang Tiscali and signed up. When bt send me the bill for the rest of the contract I am going to refuse to pay as I think they are in the wrong.
Any feedback will be appreciated.

wee eddie 13:33 18 Apr 08

Either post in the original Thread or, explain the problem in full with a link to the old Thread

Cymro. 14:02 18 Apr 08

Hi bartyboy
I am also with BT and am in much the same position as yourself, but how am I to know that if going through all the hassle of switching ISP will actually improve things?

From some of the postings on this forum it seems to me that other ISPs are little better so for me it is a case of better the devil I know etc.

As for you wee eddie,
If you don`t have the patience to read a posting then why bother to post rude comments about it.

tullie 16:08 18 Apr 08

Wee Eddie is not being rude,he is dead right.

Chas49 16:09 18 Apr 08

bartyboy: Although I can't help you with your problem I can explain what Wee Eddie was going on about, hopefully a little less belligerently!

I presume that you are new to the way that this forum works, simply put - once you start a post then any other posts on the same subject should be within the first post. Their is a box at the bottom of the first post in which to put this additional post. The same subject in more than one post is, I'm sure that you will understand, very confusing.

And Wee Eddie, if indeed Barryboy is a newcomer then your post is, as Cymro.says, rather rude and not very helpful.

Chas49 16:11 18 Apr 08

For Their- read There :-))

Forum Editor 16:39 18 Apr 08

that are split into two threads - they won't stay together in the forum list, and it can be intensely irritating for other forum members to read one part of a problem and find that they can't find part two because it's slipped onto another page.

Your post is also far too long - few people have the patience to read huge slabs of text. State the problem as briefly as possible, and let other people ask for more inforamtion as and when they need to.

I'm afraid I'm going to lock both of your threads now, to avoid the inevitable confusion. I suggest that you start a new, much shorter thread, and we'll take it from there.

bartyboy 16:41 18 Apr 08

Sorry everyone, I am new to the forum.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…