BT Broadband?

Les T 19:58 19 Apr 06

Hello folks, last night i ordered the upgrade for 8Mb broadband from BT, from my present 2Mb. It will be activated next Tuesday, my question is; am i now tied into another 12 months contract with BT?

Thoughts/views appreciated.

Jackcoms 20:11 19 Apr 06

Ask BT.

CurlyWhirly 21:24 19 Apr 06

As far as I know you ARE tied into another 12 month contract as explained at click here under 'Terms and conditions'

QUOTE:

"This agreement is intended to last for at least 12 months from the date we provide the service. However, if you end the agreement during that period, you must pay a termination charge for ending the agreement early, unless paragraphs 16 or 34 apply. This termination charge is equal to the total of the monthly rental fees left in the 12-month period."

The Spires 10:56 20 Apr 06

On the registration page that CurlyWhirly has posted the link for it reads
'What's more, you won't be charged for regrading to the new, faster BT Broadband. You simply take out a new 12 month term on the agreed date when it's activated.'.

So yes you will.

Les T 17:12 20 Apr 06

Shows i should have read the T+C, i've since phone BT and cancelled the upgrade as i want to keep my options open. I have nothing against BT's broadband, in fact i'm quite pleased with it, but surely ther will be a price war on the back of the TalkTalk offer.

Thanks,

anskyber 18:48 20 Apr 06

"surely ther will be a price war on the back of the TalkTalk offer" Well lets hope so but history shows that the first casualty of price cutting is service with quality. I think the FE said something to the effect that we should all brace ourselves for what could be a bumpy ride. (appols to FE for any misquote) I fear he will be right since in some ways we are all experiencing it now even with the current price structures.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…