BT access to online a/c

Diemmess 17:28 24 Dec 04

Am I alone in being unable to view my BT account on line?

For a week now I can reach the site, but not log in because the password username is not accepted.

Phone calls through a catalogue of menus eventually established in guarded terms that they "have a problem".... Was given a new temporary password and told to "try in a few days." Still unconnected today (3 tries and you're out!

Direct phone number is 0800 329 9642

Anyone else with this problem out there?

Diemmess 17:30 24 Dec 04

^

spuds 19:08 24 Dec 04

Just tried mine. Similar problem with username and password not being recognized.

Perhaps the BT server been at the Christmas brandy :o))

Mike D 19:20 24 Dec 04

MIne was like this last week. In the end I had to resort to using the telephone to pay the a/c. Thew site was down for maintenance and after that my password was kaput.

Mike

oscar cat 21:32 24 Dec 04

Site working okay now

Magik ®© 10:24 25 Dec 04

i think you will find if you go into "BT....com" you can then access your account, the link they give you in their email has not worked for a while.

Diemmess 12:49 26 Dec 04

Still not allowed in, whether I use old or new (temporary) password.

spuds - Are you still persona non grata too?

Magik ®© -tried your way but still refused entry.

A good job it is not urgent for me. I think BT's software engineers have gone away for a midwinter holiday, so I will phone the support number on Monday, or Tuesday or Wednesday or ........

Graham ® 15:23 26 Dec 04

Just tried it, access OK.

Diemmess 15:51 26 Dec 04

Seems some can and some can only try.

It took two phone calls alst week before they admitted that they were having difficulties. I think it is likely that part of their database is faulty and that no one is going to treat this as high priority.

spuds 15:58 26 Dec 04

Diemmess-- Just tried again, and it is still refusing to reconize my details :o(

Diemmess 09:51 31 Dec 04

A courteous email from BT this morning 9 days after mine to them.

"Please accept my apologies for the delay in replying to you and for any inconvenience this may have caused~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.

The new look BT.com for " My account Area " took place on Monday 13th December and a number of improvements were implemented to the billing & payments and the fault reporting functionality.

Unfortunately since this date there have been a "small number" of service issues around the Billing and Payment area of BT.com. This has led to the customer not experiencing the normal high standard of service we aim to provide.

We are currently investigating these issues and we will have technical fixes implemented "very" shortly.

In the meantime please accept our apologies for any difficulties that you may be experiencing."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Hows that for official-speak? I am still not accepted at log in. ..... If you read this, how are you doing - spuds?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…