Brother Printer - Any Good

ened 12:34 23 Jan 09

I have decided I might buy this
click here

The problem is that I primarily want it for printing photographic stuff.

I have no way of telling if the quality is good except from reviews, most of which concentrate on other aspects. Staples themselves are extremely helpful and have even said that if I am not happy they will exchange it. I would prefer to have an idea so as not to have to go through that hassle.

If anyone has one of these (MBC 6490CW)or other Brother printer could you tell us what you think?

wiz-king 13:54 23 Jan 09

I have found Brother printers to be good. I have 6 of their mono laser printers of varying ages, 3 fax machines and 3 multi function printer/scanners. I keep to separate fax machines because of them not being in the main offices.

I have no experience of that machine.

ened 15:06 23 Jan 09

Do they print photos to an acceptable standard?

wiz-king 16:57 23 Jan 09

I don't know - I haven't tried! We only use them for rough design work to check layouts etc.

ened 17:15 23 Jan 09

I already have a printer/scanner for mundane stuff.

I think I might go for a printer which is dedicated to photography like the Canon Pixma 9500.

Can anyone recommend either that model or something else?

Condom 06:40 24 Jan 09

ened
I also do a lot of photographs but I use an Epson photo printer.

I'm pretty sure that most of the well known brands will prove to be acceptable but might I suggest that if you are doing a lot of photos then you should look at getting a printer which will accept a CISS system which will keep your printing costs to a minimum.

The costs in printing photos are in the paper and ink and the ink bottles supplied with a CISS system will last you much much longer than cartridges at a fraction of the cost.

jakimo 14:27 24 Jan 09

email a photo to canon & they will print a sample print on the canon printer of your choice by return

blodgett 17:29 24 Jan 09

I have been using a Brother dcp750w printer for some time using cheap inks and only the other day I printed off, to compare, a friends photo which she had had printed on a very expensive 6 ink printer. Guess which one she preferred! - The Brother set to fine quality.

Yorkshire tyke 09:41 27 Jan 09

I have used the mutifunction Brother units for many years and its always been "Good Kit"
YT

tullie 10:48 27 Jan 09

I have a Brother MFC but never used for photoes.It is quite a large printer so hope you have room.

ened 13:31 27 Jan 09

I actually do have room because it is wireless and I have a space away from the computers.

However I have been coming down in favour of either the Epson R2880 or the Canon Pro 9500, but they are so large and are not wireless.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5