broken pc

hatchey 17:06 05 Jan 04

I bought a pc from toys r.us. in oct it was for xmas but as it was for the family it was setup write away.there has been a lot of bother with .eg tv card dident work /.dvd software didnot work. dvd/cd writer did not work.i rang t.r.us. and was told to ring MEDION the manu.
i did and was told that there was a fault with the dvd/cd/writers.and they would replace.which thay havent yet.7 days later. they said download patches for the tv card and software which dident work at first but then did.i took the pc back to toys.r.us.and was told it was out of there hands as it was over 30 days.so go back to medion, which at times is very hard to get through.the patch for the tv card was posted on there web site in auggest,so when i bought the pc in oct i would like to have been told i needed a patch to make it work.so im still setting with a pc that dose not have ten days after my first phone call.

obbit 17:17 05 Jan 04

go to trading standards. because it was obviously faulty when purchased therefore not fit for the task intended.

MichelleC 17:23 05 Jan 04

This is the grey-area where PC retailers try to pass the buck onto manufacturers. As obbit says Trading Standards can give advice even if they're swamped with other work.

BTW if there's still probs we can talk you through them in the Helproom.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…