Broadband woes

NielsF5 22:33 15 May 08

Fellow forum users,
This is my first post so forgive me if it's a bit of a ramble. I signed up with Bulldog in 2004 and was quite satisfied with their service for a while. They were then taken over by Cable & Wireless and again some time later by Pipex. For some reason, they wrote to me to say my account would be 'retained' by C&W. No problem with this except that, upon checking my bank account some months later, no payments had been made to C&W (or Bulldog) since the takeover, despite my still receiving a broadband service. Upon finding this out, I immediately tried to contact C&W and got no reply. I even tried writing to them by post - no reply. I have tried to contact Bulldog who are adamant that my account with them is closed and subsequent emails to them go unanswered. This leaves me with the problem of not knowing for sure who my ISP is and the uncomfortable prospect of receiving a hefty bill even though I have tried to contact them to cancel my account. I'm also unable to get a MAC number. Apologies if it all sounds somewhat convoluted but that is exactly what it is. I have absolutely no idea where to turn to now and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Niels.
p.s. Please don't be offended if I don't respond straight away, I usually get to the computer only once/twice a day maximum! Many thanks.

MCE2K5 22:49 15 May 08

click here Run this Speed Tester, When done it will tell your speed & ISP.

spuds 08:50 16 May 08

Pipex were taken over by Tiscali, so I would assume that they are now holders of your account. Tiscali have taken over a number of ISP's over the past few years, and Tiscali are now themselves up for possible sale, with interests being shown by CarPhone Warehouse (TalkTalk?), Virgin Media, and BT apparently.

I had an account with Lineone, and when Tiscali took them over, my account was transferred automatically to Tiscali. If Tiscali do hold your account, then I am surprised that they have not chased after you before now, but then again, you would not be the first person to have problems with Tiscali billing arrangements. Try contacting them on 0871 222 3311 or writing to Tiscali Customer Services,PO Box 7206, Milton Keynes, MK14 6XG. But if you write, expect a long wait for a reply.

Pine Man 08:58 16 May 08

I would put the whole matter in the hands of the ISPA - Internet Service Providers Association click here

They will sort it out for you very fast.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5