Broadband speed & quality in Grantham Lincs ?

Audio~~Chip 00:31 28 Nov 09

Hello

Does any forum user happen to live in Grantham, Lincs who could possibly report on how many MB Broadband they get and what service they have.

Possibly going to be relocating and would like to know in advance to avoid any major problems as this is a big factor which coudl effect my work.

I have looked at Sam knows and if I have understood correctly then the Grantham exchange was DeRegulated what ever this means.

I also noticed only 3 or so ISP's like AOl, Tiscali & BT in the exchange and choice being very limited.

Appreciate any knowledge on this one!

anniesboy 08:45 28 Nov 09

I don't live near Grantham,but does this site help?click here ,see street stats.

birdface 09:47 28 Nov 09

click here

If the house is cabled Virginmedia may be your best bet,And you usually get good deals for new customers.

Audio~~Chip 10:36 28 Nov 09

How accurate are them statistic figures I wonder. The difference in speed from one road to another 3 streets away can vary loads. Impressive website if it is accurate.

folsom 11:21 28 Nov 09

I think the speeds quoted on Top 10 site are speeds "coming out" of the exchange, not necessarily speed you will get if you live 2-5 miles away, because they will be substantially lower.So IMO, they mean very little.

Audio~~Chip 11:23 28 Nov 09

Will keep post open. Their must be one of two people who live in Grantham, lincs.

Arnie 12:03 28 Nov 09

I have used Grantham College’s postcode (NG31 9AP) to input into Virgin Media’s search box.

The result for the postcode NG31 9AP produced ‘no fibre optic cable is available in your area’.

Arnie 12:31 28 Nov 09

Try entering your future new address postcode in Virgin Media’s search box, below: What services can I get? You may be lucky.
VM has some cabling in the Lincs area.

click here

Audio~~Chip 12:52 28 Nov 09

We havent bought the house yet, but it will be Grantham. I think the railway track seems to have a effect on this also, as well as lack of ISP coverage. Only 3 ISPs have their equipment in the BT Exchange

Both look very grim. here where we live I get 14mb with O2 ! will have to wait for someone who lives in Grantham

Audio~~Chip 12:56 03 Dec 09

Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5