Broadband speed?

Fordy 19:24 01 Sep 04

I have dial up connection with Cymru247 and am usually connected at 49Kbps, sometimes (like right now) it connects at 115.2Kbps and after a few minutes it cuts off and reconnects at 49Kbps, but tonight it has left me connected at 115.2Kbps for 1 hour 45minutes so far.
The pages have not been opening any faster so is having broadband only a benifit when downloading?

Dipso 21:23 01 Sep 04

It isn't physically possible for a dial up connection to be that speed. This is a fairly common problem click here

Believe me, if you moved to broadband, you would notice the difference in speed ;)

CurlyWhirly 21:27 01 Sep 04

I agree with you as regards you would notice the difference!
I have had broadband for 15 months and I would give up the internet if I had to go back to dial-up!
I am hoping to upgrade to the 1 mb service after 6th September when BT update theit ADSL online checkers as explained at click here.
CW

Fordy 21:16 02 Sep 04

I was experiencing broadband - no wonder it didn't seem faster! Thanks

CurlyWhirly 21:48 02 Sep 04

I don't get your last statement!
Are you on broadband or dial-up?
Have you typed your telephone number into click here to see if you can upgrade?
BT reckon that the vast majority of people WILL be able to upgrade after 6th September - only a few days wait for me!
CW

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…