Broadband Pipex or Gio

A.J. 17:16 01 Mar 03

Anyone have any experience with pipex or Gio for BBand use. Looking to change from BT internet surftime, Now £11:99 a month. Does anyone know if either have any port restrictions for file sharing etc.

Gio at £18:99 a month looks very cheap although I think it's going up to £19:99 soon Anyone got any views.

Thanks..........Andy

he he :-) 17:24 01 Mar 03

u r more assured pipex will be here tommorow

magic 20:14 01 Mar 03

I just signed up with Pipex (19.99 per month + vat) and its now reliable and very quick.
The reason I say now, and this applies to all adsl ISP's i think, is if you have a via chipset and usb1.1 ports, then their poxy usb modem will not work.
(see my post on this today - Pipex and USB modem)
All I can suggest to you would be to sign up with one where you provide your own hardware.

A.J. 20:25 01 Mar 03

Thanks Magic will check out your earlier post.

Stuartli 12:05 02 Mar 03

Pipex is one of the UK's leading business and home user ISPs - and has been since 1991.

acfc 13:57 02 Mar 03

Why do so many people pay BT £29.99 for ADSL when the same service is available so much cheaper?

I agree with he he:-) Pipex will be around next year! and having used their BB service for about 7 months would definately recommend it.

Took up p Pipex's free modem offer a few weeks ago and am very happy with service to date.

Dicmay 21:11 02 Mar 03

I took up the Pipex offer about a month and a half ago (the one with free activation/one month free) and i haven't looked back.

I've never had to use their support hotline, thus far (touch wood) and my speeds are constantly excellent even during peak times.

I have nothing but good things to say about Pipex :)

Rich
(one VERY happy Pipex customer)

A.J. 23:45 02 Mar 03

What about port restrictions ? Are there any on Pipex. I know Gio dosen't.

Thanks.....AJ

raygraphix 08:01 03 Mar 03

I used BT Vroadband for a week from BT...hey...so far so..good...

In my opinion....you pay a bit more...but quality wise.....very good.

he he :-) 20:41 03 Mar 03

vroadband?... :-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…