Broadband modems

graham 13:51 27 Jan 03

I've done a search, found nowt. I've got broadband on order, they will be sending a USB modem, presumably. Seem to recall a mention on here that an internal and/or better modem would give better results. If true, what should I get and where from, please?

TOPCAT® 14:03 27 Jan 03
  TOPCAT® 14:10 27 Jan 03

Just type in broadband in the search box, and click 'search titles and all postings', Consumerwatch and 'all discussion boxes. TC.

graham 19:54 27 Jan 03

I've trawled through two pages of the search results, can't find anything on modems.

TOPCAT® 20:19 27 Jan 03

A pity you didn't sign up with Pipex as they are providing modem, splitters and waiving the setup fee right now.

Who are you going with?

I've had no problems with my Alcatel Speedtouch USB modem. Not pretty to look at but it's working just fine for me! :) TC.

TOPCAT® 20:23 27 Jan 03
  graham 21:12 27 Jan 03

Phew, that's a lot to plough through! Thanks, I'll have a good look tomorrow. I'm upgrading with AOL, free modem and postage, no set-up fee. AOL get some negative responses but I've had nothing but good experience with them, their free helpdesk has to be worth any extra cost.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…