Broadband ISP advice please

BJ 16:50 02 Jan 03
  BJ 16:50 02 Jan 03

Hi,

I'm at present with BTopenworld, had no real problems with them the last 15 months.I'm moving home on 10th January 2003.As it's not possible to move my broadand account over to new address. I've had to cancel the BTopenworld account and they say I've to open a new one at new address.

So before I tie myself into a 12 month contract,have any of you any advice about the following ISP providers I've been looking at.

Nildrum
Plusnet
Pipex
Bluebolt (currently offering free modem/connection)

Or if you know of any special offers that are available.

Any comments/advice about these providers would be most grateful.

btw, Btopenworld are to collect my modem, which I was lead to understand was mine when the engineer installed my adsl line.

bjn

fitfella29 17:08 02 Jan 03

are u in a ntl or telewest area?

Magik™ 17:14 02 Jan 03

the modem is yours they never gave them away.you can not move the account, you start again..

Paul2002 17:19 02 Jan 03

I can highly recommend "Nildrum" Errrr Nildram ;-) goto click here and compare ISP`s (include Nildram) and watch Nildram wipe the floor with its competitors + at £22.99 PM you cant loose :-D

Paul2002 17:20 02 Jan 03

Oooops, my click here should have been click here ;-)

accord 17:54 02 Jan 03

if you are in an NTL or Telewest area give them a shout, im on NTL with now probs and cheaper than BT and im sure they'll be around for ages (even with their debt mountain)

SuperSparks 18:27 02 Jan 03

I've been with Pipex since last April and I've been very pleased with them indeed.

BJ 18:49 02 Jan 03

Sorry I forgot to say cable is not available in my area. so NTL and Telewest are non starters.

MagiK,

BT openworld say in email that the modem is theirs and they are to collect it.They even confirmed this in a telephone call I made to them.

Thanks to everyone else for there comments.

bjn

Andÿ 18:56 02 Jan 03

Cable gets my vote read on click here

BT (even with their debt mountain) click here

keith 20:59 02 Jan 03

Nildram and Zen seem to have a very good reputations,as Paul2002 said check out adsl.org.

I`ve been with Pipex for 10 months and had no problems.

Tiscali have a special offer on at the moment with free connection,no idea what their service is like.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…