Broadband on the horizon ??

How long does it normally take BT to enable broadband once the trigger point in an area has been reached ?

Just wondering if I should be ordering my modem now or if it would be more realistic putting it on my Xmas wish list :-)

georgemac 20:59 08 Feb 04

once trigger level has been reached, BT will sometime later post a date when the exchange upgrade will be carried out, click here ans earch for your exchange, it may have the date. If not, it can take quite a while, look for other exchanges in your area which triggered a while ago.

Bald Eagle 04:52 09 Feb 04

I have heard that even when enabled some houses cannot benefit because of distance (cable length) from the exchange. Can I check this for my house?

georgemac 07:41 09 Feb 04

No, there used to be a BT test number you could call which gave you this info, but it has been withdrawn.

If you are within 3.5 km of the exchange (wire length) you can get the full service. Up to 5.5 km you should be able to get 512K service.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…