Broadband here i come.

After some humming and hawing, finally decided to take up the latest offer from Pipex. Order just submitted. Will keep you posted on developments.

TOPCAT® 15:41 27 Jan 03

Been with them for close on a year now with no complaints.

Check click here for Network status info if there's a problem, and click here for scheduled maintenance work info.

Good surfing! ;) TC.

Activation date is 06/02/03, still waiting for the modem etc.

Theonewhowatchesoveryou 19:51 31 Jan 03

you will never look back once on b/b, went on myself a little while back with freeserve, click here for comments

The modem, filters etc arrived this morning ready to be installed next week.

anchor 14:04 02 Feb 03

I feel sure you will be satisfied with Pipex ADSL, as I am.

They did have problems with telephone support during the first 6 months or so of last year, but happily all that is resolved. In fact, one can see their current support status on line here:

click here

When connected, you can check you connection speed here:

click here

humprey28 15:39 05 Feb 03

should be up and running today?
been following your quest so would like to know what you think as i 2 minds between plus net and pipex - grateful for you info on pipex experience!

Should be tomorrow. Watch this space.

Up and running and so far with no major problems.Installation was very straight forward and after sorting out a minor glitch in the accounts settings, everything seems to be running ok. Connection is very quick and there is very little waiting for pages to load when surfing. So far i'm very impressed and am now wondering why i took so long to take the plunge.Will leave this open a bit longer to report any problems should they occur.

Theonewhowatchesoveryou 16:06 06 Feb 03

welcome fellow braodband brother now it will be even quicker for you to click here!!!!!

accord 18:02 06 Feb 03

somdor
make sure you ahve a firewall set up as im getting loads of hits being on BB.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…