Broadband Hardware ?!?

M4D 00:43 01 Jan 04

Hello everyone,
And A Happy New Year To You All !!

I would be really gratefull if you could help me choose what broadband modem i should buy and preferably where from ?!?

I am looking for something that is sutable for gaming mostly on a standard 512-256 line, UT, UT2003, SOF2, RTCW, CS, That sort of gaming!

I've heard that pci is alot faster for gaming pings than usb ! If thats so then could anyone explane why ?

And, If it helps i will most probably be getting Broadband off Eclipse Or Nildram, So any help would be much appreciated ..

has a habit of taking up more resources of your cpu compared to PCI.

Although USB is easier to set up.

But to be honest i expect that there is not that much of a difference if you run a good spec machine.

If you run a PCI card then i reckon that the best option is to get a router/modem rather than just plain modem.

try click here an ISP who does look after its customers & for £40 per month you will be downloading :1MB A truly amazing speed for the price the answer to gaming on the internet

14flashgordon 13:25 01 Jan 04

If your PC has a LAN port have you though about using a broadband router. This has the advantage of a built in firewall.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…