Broadband costs

reddwarfcrew 20:09 14 Jul 03

If someone wanted a very basic BB package that just let them access their pop3 email in OE and surf the web (no newsgroups or webspace etc), then what would their best bet be?

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:17 14 Jul 03

They would not need BB as surfing is not much quicker unless they are visiting sites with loads of huuuuge pictures, video clips or flash animations. However one of the slower BB packages would suffice as there really is no need for 512k. click here is a good starting place or click here is 20 squid a month for 256k with a free modem and free connection and I think you get 2 filters chucked in as well.

G

Andybear 20:48 14 Jul 03

If you use a cable connection the NTL 150K isn't bad - £17.99 a month, free modem and free installation.

perpetually-perplexed 21:00 14 Jul 03

i use ntl 150k as bt cant be bothered to upgrade the exchange and you notice a massive difference even on normal web pages. best 18 pounds a month ive spent

reddwarfcrew 21:04 14 Jul 03

some good info.

I'm on FS BB myself, but my dads exchange has just hit its trigger level. He doesn't do much surfin at the mo, but will be retiring soon, so I'm looking into things for him.

smythie 22:46 14 Jul 03

i'm on ntl and they increasedthe price £3.00 per and didn't have the courtsey to tell me

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…