British National Lottery

Wally S 15:58 10 Oct 05

Has anybody heard of the British National Lottery who are try to give me a load of money that I have apparently won. Is it just a scam to get my details. Can you throw some light on them. Thank you. Wally S.

Hamish 16:04 10 Oct 05

Look here rjohara.net/lottery-scams

Hamish 16:06 10 Oct 05

Link should be click here Hope it works this time

Wally S 16:10 10 Oct 05

Thank you Hamish. Wally S.

Forum Editor 16:11 10 Oct 05

that you haven't entered. Remember that, and you'll never go wrong.

Stuartli 17:02 10 Oct 05

It would certainly prove a lottery if you tried to collect your "winnings"...:-)

There's an old saying that where's there's money there's always a fiddle.

salvy 00:31 22 Nov 05

I also got the same e-mail. All they have now is my name address and DOB. Do I need to worry?

Stuartli 08:48 22 Nov 05

Just remember that when you buy a UK lottery ticket you don't have to provide any details whatsoever - just a £1 coin.

spuds 10:40 22 Nov 05

If you enter in the UK lottery, make sure that you read the rule book. Any mistakes, then the retailer or lottery commission are not responsible, you are. So be warned.

A few months ago, I purchased a ticket from a newsagent outlet. Checking the ticket, it was very faint with a large red line going through it. It was obvious that the roll was running out, and the ink required replenishing. Asked the retailer, and was informed the ticket was okay, as they had the numbers stored. A little curious, I checked with the lottery people. A rather abrupt letter was received, stating that I should have asked for a replacement ticket, within a two hour cancellation period, and I should read the rule book. Apparently, defaced or not clear tickets contravene certain rules, so do not really on a retailer stating that it is okay, it may not be!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…