//some 3rd party need geo

Brickbat - PC World - and Bouquet - BELKIN

PA28 18:59 14 Sep 04

Brickbat: PC WORLD (again!) Needed PCI to 1394 card. Rang local computer shop (KC Computers, St Leonards) on local number. Answered in 30 seconds. Price of card (with cable) £15.

Rang local PC World on National Rate 0870 number. Answered in just over 20 minutes. Price of card £29.99.

Why do we allow them to get away with it??

Bouquet: BELKIN. Wireless keyboard started to play up after about 6 months. Receipt lost. 0800 freephone number. No problem, they will replace and deliver new keyboard and mouse free of charge under their lifetime warranty. No quibble and no charge. Received less than 48 hours later. Very satisfied customer who will certainly buy Belkin again. Thanks.

Q-Bie 19:34 14 Sep 04

Card that costs £29.99 - Belkin ;)

q

spuds 19:45 14 Sep 04

Funny you should mention PC World and Belkin. I was doing my once a week browse visit to the local PCW last week,and a Belkin rep was in attendance doing a small promo networking display.What a very nice man, he gave me a terrific Belkin pen, notepad, little badge and a special box of minty sweets ;o)).

Generally I find Ebuyer very competative on prices.A couple of weeks ago I purchased some Belkin [F3U133ea16] Hi-Speed USB 2.0 cables [QuickFind code 57702] at really silly prices.Thought that they had made a mistake at £1.46 each, but they honoured the deal, so who was an happy bunny.

smokingbeagle² 20:04 14 Sep 04
  PA28 13:32 15 Sep 04

Interesting read. How many times do you see it that a company tries to get it right by putting their hand up and offering first class service when something goes wrong only to have their efforts thwarted by some clever s*d in the marketing department who thinks what a brilliant idea to extract money his idea would be, without regard for the subsequent PR damage when his wheese is found out.... Personally my regard for Belkin remains high after this experience, but - er - I'll avoid their routers!

Stuartli 16:55 15 Sep 04

Watching QVC the other night (yes I do have problems but it was Small Office Home Office) and they demonstrated a Belkin USB hub with seven ports for £19.99 (claimed to be £69 normally).

The guy who came in to discuss the hub's features with the presenter stated that Belkin's after sales service was exemplary (he would of course) and that he had had one of the company's products replaced without quibble that was nearly two years old.

xthedarkx 11:09 16 Sep 04

also got to add none belkin firewire card at PCW £14.99 just saw it today

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…