Is bribery commonplace?

y_not 18:31 03 Jan 03
  y_not 18:31 03 Jan 03

Over the last couple of years I've managed to persuade the wife to agree to part with the cash for everything from RAM to HDD's but somethings gone wrong!

My (cheap) DVD drive is "acting up" so I said "Looks like its on its way out.....might as well go for a DVD writer to replace it (as you do!).

This is where it started to go wrong - she insists that I must finish the front garden (which I began a mere 12 years ago) before I can have the DVD drive! Seems like bribery to me!

Is this form of bribery commonplace or exclusive to me??

I am really quite worried about this so please don't be long in replying

Many thanks

Tony

Magik™ 18:35 03 Jan 03

the only real answer you have is, if the other half is playing up change her for a more upto date one.. you might find someone who will do PX

ams4127 18:54 03 Jan 03

Methinks you have been caught by the age old problem.

Men will use bribery, women use blackmail!

y_not 19:03 03 Jan 03

Thanks for the idea.......already on mk2 and found out the cost of "upgrading"!!

VoG™ 19:14 03 Jan 03

I find that if you do things about the house (apparently) willingly but badly she will eventually call in the professionals. Works for me anyway.

PurplePenny 23:50 03 Jan 03

Neither of us do the DIY if we can help it :-) and as for gardening - what's that? I do the 'puter stuff (you probably noticed).
I'm Mk 1 & 2 .... I don't do bribery but I do corruption.......

Oops .. too much information

Purplepenny

geoff47 00:21 04 Jan 03

Its what they call the exchange rate?
never really worked it out myself...any clues let me know please......
geoff47

y_not 09:15 04 Jan 03

Thanks for the advice, think I'll begin practicing that system and see if it works!

Coaster3 09:45 04 Jan 03

Cheaper to get someone in to do the gardening.

Magik™ 10:18 04 Jan 03

in that case, it is the bunch of flowers ploy, bearing in mind not to spend too much on them, then while she is taken aback with shock, rush out and get the drive...with the promise to start the garden next day, then pray for rain, sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…