Modge 14:19 02 Mar 04

In view of the problems thrown up by the demise of Multivision would not the industry consider
ie ( computer manufacturing ) some form of protection for those of us let down by let down by companies who by financial failure cannot honour delivery or Warranties. Some form of ABTA as the travel industry has.
I understand that those fortunate to have purchased equipment by credit card have recourse
for reinbursement not only for the cost of the goods but also to cover the costs of parts and or repair that would have been met by say Multivision.My (worthless) warranty was 3 years on-site and 3 years back to base.anyone with a legal turn of mind might be able to give some guidance on this.

Stuartli 15:23 02 Mar 04

What is so "fortunate" about buying expensive items on a credit card? In fact Barclaycard used to (may still) apply it to purchases of £50 upwards rather than £100.

It's a known fact that it is one of the best protective measures you can take - it doesn't take anyone with "a legal turn of mind" to work that one out...:-)

In fact many forum members have emphasised the point for as long as I can recall; it's wise advice and should be heeded.

Stuartli 15:25 02 Mar 04

It does, however, pose the question of what your thread title is intended to convey?

tafoody 15:30 02 Mar 04

"those fortunate to have purchased equipment by credit card have recourse for reinbursement"

Stuartli, i can't see any mention of 'expensive' items in the original thread?

Stuartli 17:37 02 Mar 04

When I had to return a faulty digital camcorder (bought on behalf of my son) to Nomatica in the south of France, it refused to pay courier fees, only insured postal delivery, even though it was delivered by TNT.

I wasn't happy and decided to send it by DHL at a cost of £53.

The replacement camcorder, sent by insured post, has still never appeared some 15 months later...

I got onto Visa and was credited with the near £800 paid for the camcorder and the £53 DHL cost of returning the original faulty model.

The following day, after some research on UK companies only, I bought the same model from letsgodigital for £649 including next day delivery.

As they say, it's an ill wind.....:-)

It also answers Modge's query.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…