Breakdown Services

laurie53 09:37 16 May 08

Anybody got any recommendations, or otherwise, for a car breakdown service?

Recover to home, and catering for disabled persons.

I have used both the AA and RAC in the past, but their standards seem to have slipped a lot in recent years.

Cymro. 10:44 16 May 08

I used to be with Britannia Rescue and always found the very good on both price and service.

If you qualify for a car under the Motability scheme then you will get breakdown cover included in the deal.

Pamy 10:45 16 May 08
  Cymro. 10:47 16 May 08
  laurie53 11:19 16 May 08

Thanks for the reponses; have had some nightmare scenarios with Motability (charges for non-existent damage, mileage charges after the car was returned etc) and will no longer use them.

Cymro. 12:18 16 May 08

Motability have increased the annual millage allowance recently.

tullie 13:05 16 May 08

I have had excellent service from the RAC over the years,and also Motability.

laurie53 13:20 16 May 08

The mileage charges didn't bother me.

It was the charges for mileage which Motability put on after I handed the car back which I objected to paying!

tullie 14:04 16 May 08

Did you go over the mileage allowence?

961 15:37 16 May 08

Age concern does well for me at around £55 for comprehensive cover

spuds 16:40 16 May 08

I moved from the AA after having 30+ years membership, and have now been with First Call for about 4 years. Called them out once, and a well known and respected local breakdown company attended within 20 minutes. They now charge £42.50 for UK cover.

Details click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…