B&Q Brushcutter Problems

woodchip 21:50 26 Jul 09

Bought a the above about twelve months ago, but mislaid the B&Q Till Receipt, Try cutter when I bought it to make sure it started okay then put it away for about 8 to 10 moths first time I used it proper it suddenly just stopped dead As a I could not find the above I thought nothing to loose. So I took the Crankcase Cover Plate off to find the the big end of the Piston Connecting Rod had nearly come off and had hit the above cover plate. Nothing holds the Rod on, only Needle bearings set at an angle. The Brushcutter is supposed to be guarantied for 24Months. I think its just bad design fit for Dump. But also cannot find a UK Service Center To buy a new Piston Connection Rod assembly. Any one got any IDEAS on this

Forgetfully am 73 year OAP thats why I lost it

woodchip 22:05 26 Jul 09

Forgot to add
Its a Homelite Made by Ryobi For B&Q
Model HBC26SJ
s/n: 0711003259

InTheCity 22:17 26 Jul 09

B&Q are generally very good when it comes to returns.
Even without a reciept they generally exchange faulty goods or offer goods to the value regardless of having a reciept.
If at first you dont get any joy with the staff on the returns desk,try the garden centre manager or store manager.

peugeot man 22:24 26 Jul 09

click here
click here

click here

click here

Some of the above may help you

spuds 00:14 27 Jul 09

If you paid by credit or debit card, then you will have the evidence of purchase on a statement. If you have a B&Q 'over 60s' Diamond Card, then you account will show the purchase.

You could return back to B&Q and show the manager the problem, he will have details for aftersales care for the product. On a personal note, I have had both good and bad results with B&Q store manager's. With the bad result, I contacted B&Q head office, and they resolved the problem very quickly, and to my complete satisfaction.

Ryobi and Homelite are normally a good product, so the manufacturer might be very interested in the problem of possible failure.

B&Q address: B&Q Plc, 1 Hampshire Corporate Park, Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh, SO53 3YX.

spuds 00:21 27 Jul 09

Perhaps I should have mentioned, that I had a McCulloch brushcutter that was purchased from B&Q a number of years ago. It was very reliable until the day it refused to start. Getting it repaired was out of the question, due to cost. Cheaper to buy a replacement. So the item still lies in the outhouse, waiting for me to have another look at it one day, because its to good to throw away :O)

woodchip 09:58 27 Jul 09

peugeot man
Thanks already tried all the links

spuds
Checked all them, it looks like I payed it by cash. I know big Mistake. But never thought about the B&Q card. How long would they keep info on that do you think.

Also thanks for the address of B&Q I just may Write them about the cutter

spuds 17:04 27 Jul 09

woodchip

I should imagine that the information would be held on the Diamond card account for quite a long time, if B&Q use the information future marketing purp[oses.

Perhaps worth mentioning. I was in one of our local B&Q store's the other Wednesday (over 60s day) and the store was replacing all the old cards with new Diamond cards, and also touting for new 'over 60s' customers to join the scheme.

woodchip 20:16 27 Jul 09

I do not know if its Diamond. Is just one of those over 60 cards I have and they say that they do not keep records. Went to the Rotherham Store where I bought it, Got a Snotty Pakistani no help at all.
But went to Brampton Shop and got a Phone Number for the people that repair there stuff, And Phoned them, may find out tomorrow if I can get parts

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…