Bought one DELL PC - charged for TWO!!!!

loudman 14:16 17 May 05

I am jumping mad at the moment. I was out shopping with my wife to buy a suite of furniture with my creditcard when the sale
authorisation was refused by the bank.

I called the bank for an explanation as I knew I has sufficient credit to meet the purchase. Imagine by disbelief to discover that DELL has charged my credit card twice and used up my available credit.

I only purchased one system from Dell not two. Now I cannot get them to return my calls or answer my Emails. The furniture we were buying was reduced in the sale by 699 and the sale ends today. My bank say that DELL have to refund my card only after 30 days will the bank take up my complaint.

Is there an Email address for someone senior in DELL I can use to contact them?.

What is my rights to redress from DELL for the terrible error that - apart from double charging me - and the loss of a furniture bargain worth another 699.

Comments and advise welcome.

PS. I have bought 3 PC from DELL over the past 10-12 years and found them excellent and apart from this customer service incident, the support I got was always A1.

loudman 17:35 17 May 05

Success - - A Dell senior manager contacted me this afternoon to apologise and refund one of the double payments immediatedy (24 hours).

I had opted for basic (12 month guarantee) and a a gesture he upped it to 3 years next day business guarantee and a DELL axum PDA.

I call that service.

Well done DELL, it goes to show persistance pays off.

selfbuild 18:30 17 May 05

I bet you wouldn't get that kind of service from anyone else :)

Tim1964 00:44 18 May 05

But did you 'lose' the sofa?????

Stuartli 09:36 18 May 05

I think Dell has been very generous over its error.

As for the sofa, every time I see a DFS, CSL etc TV advert there's ALWAYS a sale on....:-)

Aspman 10:16 18 May 05

You've been saved from DFS.

My father in law is a professional carpet and upholstery cleaner.

He refuses to clean DFS sofas because the dyes are not fixed properly and are of generally poor quality hence the price.

Pooke100 11:35 18 May 05

Pretty nice of Dell, I think.

TomJerry 15:19 18 May 05

loudman 20:25 20 May 05

Just to let you know - yes we lost the sofa - but there is always another sale. The PC arrived today in perfect order worked first time and all is well. The Dell manager called me to say PDA will be dispatched on Monday by courier.

Great service, great PC, I would recommend them to anyone for value, quality and service.

rdave13 00:15 21 May 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…