Boot Sector Virus, which will not respond to AVG

RobbieRoberts 15:35 27 Feb 03

My computer a PCS Direct AGP 1002B Home & Office P266-2, Running Windows 98 Plus, has been "struck down" with a boot virus.
I first found out about it when the computer failed to boot up and on running my Ontrack "Fix-It" Rescue Disc the following popped up:-
"Trend Chipaway Virus has detected a boot virus on your hard disk!" .... Then followed the instructions - "Press Enter> for more information (recommended) C> to continue booting .... then ...
"Complete Virus Protection for the Enterprise"
Trend Micro - click here.
My wife obtained two floppies from her work with up-to-date AVG Antivirus software BUT they/it FAILED TO FIND THE VIRUS!
Any help would be very much appreciated!
I am using her Vaio PCG-F801 to send this SOS!

€dstow 15:38 27 Feb 03

Sorry to hear about your problem but you would be better posting this in Helproom - that's where all the techy experts go.

€d

anchor 15:51 27 Feb 03

Yes, the helproom is the best place for this thread. Meantime, try an on-line virus scan from Housecall.

click here

VoG™ 15:31 28 Feb 03

I agree that this should be in the helproom.

From a couple of threads I've found on Google this appears to be BIOS anti-virus which may be playing up. click here click here

You could also try an online scan at click here or click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…