Bogus Site?

Doug29 13:04 28 Dec 06

I am just about to take the plunge and order a Novatech laptop click here When I was entering my details it asked for a Novatech catalogue adcode which I googled in the hope of further discount. It gave me this site click here
Press the link and it takes you to the Novatech web page with the safebuyer logo on it. I do not want to give my credit card details until I am sure it is a genuine site. I phoned up Novatech but the lady wasn't sure either.

Anybody used safebuyer.co.uk before or should I steer clear?

Thanks

season8 13:41 28 Dec 06

Novatech payments are controlled directly through the novatech website without using a 3rd party, or they were when i bought from them recently.

grumpygramp 13:49 28 Dec 06

Steer clear. .Does not sound right . Mind I dealt with novatech over the Phone .

Doug29 13:54 28 Dec 06

Thanks

I think I will just play it safe and stick with the 2% Quidco cashback instead

Stuartli 15:05 28 Dec 06

Why not install McAfee's SiteAdvisor, which will warn of dodgy or potentially dodgy websites? See:

click here

There's a version for Internet Explorer and another for Firefox etc.

i use them quite a lot and have never heard of this, be cautious, i have always dealt with them directly on a secure server

and mcafee know not of that site which is very worrying

pk46 15:14 28 Dec 06

I have delt with Novatech many times can't say i have ever come across this site.

terryf 17:03 28 Dec 06

I am not inclined to even click on the link above, paranoia maybe? but I would expect to see the padlock

SANTOS7 17:25 28 Dec 06

click here

had a bit of a look round if you click on the "safe shopping" link it gives you a wealth of good info about shopping online.
If you where not sure about a particular online company the link seems to be a good place to start, if the company in question are listed on there it's a fair assumption it is safe to buy from them..

Genius1 17:50 28 Dec 06

Steer clear. This site is not part of Novatech and the link you provided is not secure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5