Blueyonder PC Guard

ramsay29 20:41 23 Oct 05

I know there was a thread about a month ago re PC Guard. My Norton runs out next month (pre-installed with Pc). Anyone loaded this and can give any feedback about effectiveness or any problems a month down the line.

Thanks.

Newuser2 21:14 23 Oct 05

ramsay29
From memory I think it conflicts with adaware and I think spybot.
I run PCcillin which you have to pay for but over more years than I care to recall I've not had any probs or infections etc.

ramsay29
I run PCcillin which you have to pay for but over more years than I care to recall I've not had any probs or infections etc.

ramsay29

Gosford 23:57 23 Oct 05

I tried it a little while ago and it stopped iTunes from working, when I e-mailed tech support they said Itunes had spyware in it and that was causing the problem. I gave up on it and went back to using Norton, but whether or not it still affects Itunes I couldn't say as apple seem to release an updated version every other day!

Gosford 23:57 23 Oct 05

I tried it a little while ago and it stopped iTunes from working, when I e-mailed tech support they said Itunes had spyware in it and that was causing the problem. I gave up on it and went back to using Norton, but whether or not it still affects Itunes I couldn't say as apple seem to release an updated version every other day!

Gosford 23:58 23 Oct 05

Fred the flour grader 10:01 24 Oct 05

I was thinking of using the Blueyonder gaurd as my Norton has just expired. I have instead downloaded and am using the free AVG anti virus software. The Blueyonder one is free for three months and then they will charge you. I don'y know how much it will cost but why pay? when there is plenty of free ones available.

Fred the flour grader 10:02 24 Oct 05

I was thinking of using the Blueyonder gaurd as my Norton has just expired. I have instead downloaded and am using the free AVG anti virus software. The Blueyonder one is free for three months and then they will charge you. I don'y know how much it will cost but why pay? when there is plenty of free ones available.

Zaphod Beeblebrox 13:37 24 Oct 05

if you are on the complete or elite blueyonder package pc guard will remain free of charge i have used it for about amonth now and it is fine no problems as yet

ramsay29 15:35 24 Oct 05

Thanks everyone
I will also get it free as I am on the complete package. I have AVG on a work machine which works fine, was curious re the PC Guard. I can always give it a go and see how it goes. Not so much worried about if it clashes with other programs as I can uninstall it, more worried if it is not effective at picking up viruses

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos