Blueyonder PC Guard

ramsay29 20:41 23 Oct 05

I know there was a thread about a month ago re PC Guard. My Norton runs out next month (pre-installed with Pc). Anyone loaded this and can give any feedback about effectiveness or any problems a month down the line.

Thanks.

Newuser2 21:14 23 Oct 05

ramsay29
From memory I think it conflicts with adaware and I think spybot.
I run PCcillin which you have to pay for but over more years than I care to recall I've not had any probs or infections etc.

ramsay29
I run PCcillin which you have to pay for but over more years than I care to recall I've not had any probs or infections etc.

ramsay29

Gosford 23:57 23 Oct 05

I tried it a little while ago and it stopped iTunes from working, when I e-mailed tech support they said Itunes had spyware in it and that was causing the problem. I gave up on it and went back to using Norton, but whether or not it still affects Itunes I couldn't say as apple seem to release an updated version every other day!

Gosford 23:57 23 Oct 05

I tried it a little while ago and it stopped iTunes from working, when I e-mailed tech support they said Itunes had spyware in it and that was causing the problem. I gave up on it and went back to using Norton, but whether or not it still affects Itunes I couldn't say as apple seem to release an updated version every other day!

Gosford 23:58 23 Oct 05

Fred the flour grader 10:01 24 Oct 05

I was thinking of using the Blueyonder gaurd as my Norton has just expired. I have instead downloaded and am using the free AVG anti virus software. The Blueyonder one is free for three months and then they will charge you. I don'y know how much it will cost but why pay? when there is plenty of free ones available.

Fred the flour grader 10:02 24 Oct 05

I was thinking of using the Blueyonder gaurd as my Norton has just expired. I have instead downloaded and am using the free AVG anti virus software. The Blueyonder one is free for three months and then they will charge you. I don'y know how much it will cost but why pay? when there is plenty of free ones available.

Zaphod Beeblebrox 13:37 24 Oct 05

if you are on the complete or elite blueyonder package pc guard will remain free of charge i have used it for about amonth now and it is fine no problems as yet

ramsay29 15:35 24 Oct 05

Thanks everyone
I will also get it free as I am on the complete package. I have AVG on a work machine which works fine, was curious re the PC Guard. I can always give it a go and see how it goes. Not so much worried about if it clashes with other programs as I can uninstall it, more worried if it is not effective at picking up viruses

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…