Blueyonder 1MB Service

Steve27 00:08 19 Apr 03

Has anyone upgraded from the Telewest 500k service to the 1MB?

Is it worth the extra £10?

muppetmark 00:12 19 Apr 03

I have been on the 1mb service since it started, doesn't speed up general surfing noticeably but large downloads are where you benefit.

Lead 23:25 21 Apr 03

I have been on 1mb for quite a while too and can recommend it if your area isn't oversubscribed. My area is and it can be hell.

During off-peak hours (usually) download speeds are great. Browsing web sites with lots of pictures/movies is a joy. But when everyone else gets home from school/work, or during holidays (today, Bank Holiday Monday, for example)it's worse than being on 56k dial-up!

You haven't mentioned your reasons for wanting to 'upgrade', but if you're a gamer, be aware you won't notice any reduction in your pings. So do it for downloads and rapid browsing of content rich websites, but be prepared for slow-downs if your area gets busy.

Steve27 23:41 21 Apr 03

Thanks for the responses I noticed that you can revert after two months so I have given it a go so far downloads much faster as for general browsing haven't noticed that much difference but then its early days.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…