Blueyonder 1MB Service

Steve27 00:08 19 Apr 03

Has anyone upgraded from the Telewest 500k service to the 1MB?

Is it worth the extra £10?

muppetmark 00:12 19 Apr 03

I have been on the 1mb service since it started, doesn't speed up general surfing noticeably but large downloads are where you benefit.

Lead 23:25 21 Apr 03

I have been on 1mb for quite a while too and can recommend it if your area isn't oversubscribed. My area is and it can be hell.

During off-peak hours (usually) download speeds are great. Browsing web sites with lots of pictures/movies is a joy. But when everyone else gets home from school/work, or during holidays (today, Bank Holiday Monday, for example)it's worse than being on 56k dial-up!

You haven't mentioned your reasons for wanting to 'upgrade', but if you're a gamer, be aware you won't notice any reduction in your pings. So do it for downloads and rapid browsing of content rich websites, but be prepared for slow-downs if your area gets busy.

Steve27 23:41 21 Apr 03

Thanks for the responses I noticed that you can revert after two months so I have given it a go so far downloads much faster as for general browsing haven't noticed that much difference but then its early days.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch