Bluetooth V Wireless Mouse v Wired mouse?

scp99 10:29 21 Nov 05

Hi,

May sound a strange question and given the fact that there is not much difference in cost, still I shall ask away.

I have a laptop with built in bluetooth and am considering purchasing a mouse, as though I can get on with the touchpad, I simply prefer a mouch. Can anyone offer advice as to get:-

a] A standard usb mouse
b] A wireless mouse
c] A bluetooth mouse.

Or is it just a matter of personal preference? If so can anyone suggest some quality pointers and there category eg bluetooth wireless or standard usd mouse.

Any advice would appreciated.

ade.h 14:43 21 Nov 05

I hate wired mice. The wire always seems to create drag as I move the mouse around.

Because I actually really like touchpads (when they are properly set up for me) I've never tried a Bluetooth mouse. I think it would be my first choice though, if you can get one that doesn't use a USB adapter, which would sort of defeat the object. A wireless mouse works very accurately (something that might be an issue with Bluetooth?) but you have the wired receiver taking up desk space, which makes it less practical for laptops.

ade.h 14:45 21 Nov 05

As for ergonomics; try them in a store, then buy online. Mouse shape is a very individual thing.

interzone55 16:45 22 Nov 05

I tried a wireless mouse with my IBM laptop and it wouldn't work properly, I may be wrong but I think the WiFi was interfering with the mouse signal.

Last time I looked at bluetooth mice they were quite a bit more expensive than a standard mouse. I doubt that you would be able to configure the mouse to work with the built in bluetooth though.

ade.h 17:21 22 Nov 05

I had a feeling that I'd seen a review of a Bluetooth mouse recently that used the built-in system rather than an adapter. Not sure though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…