Bluetooth dongles 10m or 100m?

scales 16:58 03 Aug 05

I was thinking of getting a Bluetooth USB dongle for my desktop and started looking around. There are plenty to be found but some have a range of 10 meters and others 100 meters. As they are roughly the same price, what are the pros and cons of these? Belkin for example do both for about the same price. Cheers.

Dizzy Bob 17:42 03 Aug 05

scales,

As you have stated the difference between type 1 and type 2 is the range (and about £5 ish in price)

As 'most' uses for bluetooth are to connect mobile devices together, ie phone and headset, pda and pc, them 10m is fine for the vast majority of people. If you specifically need the extra coverage, then pay the extra for it, if not, don't!

Regards,
DB

scales 18:03 03 Aug 05

So, all the difference is the distance? Well I can't think of much use, for me, of a 100m connection so 10m would be fine. As to the price, Amazon had them both for the same price for Belkin, about £15 non Belkin 10m were going for about £7... .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…