Bluetooth connecting mobile phone to PC

so3003 12:22 05 Jul 03

I've just got a new Sony Ericsson T610 mobile phone (gone from a Philips Savvy to it, it's like going from a typewriter to a Cray Supercomputer!) and it has Bluetooth among many other features.
I'd quite like to connect my PC to phone via Bluetooth for transferring pictures etc from phone to PC, and wondered if anyone had any advice regarding the things you buy to do this.

Preferably something small and portable that I can plug into a USB port or similar, as I want to be able to easily move it between computers without opening the case etc.

Thanks Scott

(cross posted from Helproom due to little reponse!)

ajm 15:25 05 Jul 03

You can buy a Belkin USB Bluetooth Adaptor for aeround £40-60. Very simple and easy to setup and the bundled software will do everything for you.

You may have to do a bit of playing around with the configurations on the Blueetooth and the phones initially. But once it up and running, you can transfer files from / to the phone /PC and pictures, etc

somar 09:07 06 Jul 03

Even better get your self Sony Vaio with integrated Bluetooth, it works every single time. Personally I did connect my Erickson to Sony Vaio without any problems.

so3003 12:27 06 Jul 03

I've seen these bluetooth USB dongles (I think that's their name?!) advertised for about £15-20, are they worth getting?

I want to use for my home PC, but also want to be able to take it with me to work (I work away from home for a few weeks at a time) and plug it into a USB port for quick data transfers without having to install new cards etc etc.

Any advice?

Forum Editor 17:54 06 Jul 03

a nifty little USB Bluetooth adapter that you can use on a PC or Laptop.

It costs £25.52 - and you can buy it online if you
click here=(314841)&userid=&shop=Belkin

Forum Editor 17:57 06 Jul 03

link problems - you would think that of all people I could get it right wouldn't you?
click here and navigate to the Belkin section.

so3003 23:02 06 Jul 03

hehe thanks, I'll have a look :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…