Bit of laptop advice please

kuga 12 Feb 13

Hello

I'm new to the forum and would like to ask for some advice on a laptop I am looking to buy. It's an Acer V5 thin and light with a Pentium 967 1.3ghz & 4gb of ram, running W7 home premium.

My question is; is this enough performance for my needs?

The absolute max I would do is run the laptop with 1 external screen, doing email/web/office on the external screen with a dvd / iTunes HD movie playing at the same time on the laptop screen. I don't play games, I rip the occasional dvd for my ipad but not at the same time as doing other stuff (I leave it ripping overnight). I would like to know if it will do all this ok and no stuttering/slowdown etc.

I would be very grateful of any advice!

Thanks

woodchip 12 Feb 13

That's a Punney CPU I have a Samsung Netbook that as Atom CPU that is 1.6Ghz with more power.heck this out for the cpu in the Acer its at the bottom

Click Hear to check out the CPU

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message