Bill Gates War On Spam

AndyJ 12:08 25 Jan 04

I see Bill Gates has determined he will rid us all of spam within two years. I also see one of the suggestions is, is that a charge be made if amail is returned to you.

I don't know about you but there have been occasions when I have sent totally innocent mail only to have it rejected and thrown back at me, usually because a non-too-keen techie has failed, or been too lazy, to set up a company spam-filtering system correctly.

So who's at or the Company (who requested the info in the first place); so who get's the Bill? (pardon the pun)

georgemac 18:17 25 Jan 04

I just hope he suceeds because I'm sick of it, so much so I think I'll have to change my email address.

I did try mailwasher, but I'm certain as soon as I started to use it the volume of spam I recieved increased hugely.

I did see a suggestion that the anti spam software companies give out your email address so their product seems very effective but surely this could not be true?

PurplePenny 20:35 25 Jan 04

"I have sent totally innocent mail only to have it rejected and thrown back at me"

I don't think that I've ever had that happen and a lot of my work is conducted by e-mail. On the other hand I've had e-mails that I didn't send bounced back to me as a result of someone else catching a virus. Would those get charged for as well?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…