The biggest issue etc poll...

Stuartli 18:55 05 Feb 03

Despite the numerous choices on the latest PCA website poll, one important question is still missing.

"Making PCs trouble-free" comes closest but we still don't have an operating system or concept that will enable anyone to use a computer with little more than minimal training.

What's needed to further extend computer use is the automatic equivalent of a car's manual gearbox - push the lever to "D" to go forward, "R" to go back and then press the accelerator pedal. To stop, just hit the brake pedal.

I'm well aware it's a tall order, but then the internal combustion engine vehicle is still comparatively young, relatively speaking, and look at the progress made over that period.

terminus 19:03 05 Feb 03

"period" is the operative word.

AndySD 19:05 05 Feb 03

Its a shame they left out

The Cost of Microsoft license's

Stuartli 19:12 05 Feb 03

Computers been around for somewhat longer than you may have realised....:-)

In a world where man can send unmanned space probes many millions of miles over a period of months and get back photographic and video coverage of its destination, it's surely not beyond us to devise a hassle-free OS?

two00lbwaster 19:35 05 Feb 03

lol bugs will always happen guys live with it.

i think the top three are very close as they are all very big and important issues in their own right.

Djohn 19:42 05 Feb 03

Think I have a fault with my clock, *Sys. Tray*!

It keeps time accurate to the second! :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…