//some 3rd party need geo

bid-up tv

gerry54 12:47 29 Jan 03

recently bought some goods from here but last two that I bid for didn't arrive. I sent an email and received a phone call to be advised that 'due to a stock discrepancy the goods were not available' It seemed odd to me that these two particular items were VERY cheap, obviously because few people had bid for them. I suspect that the real problem was they didn't want to let them go at a loss. Anybody else had experiences with this Company?
gerry

TBH1 14:05 29 Jan 03

gerry54 - this has to be worth chasing up. I have recently had SKY installed and have been tempted more than once with some of the items going 'at a steal' - - -was wondering where the catch was but now I think I know. There has to be some kind of 'watchdog' with things like this - - hope there's someone out there that can point you (us) in the right direction.

spartan 15:33 29 Jan 03

gerry54 there are loads of complaints about bid up look at this web site click here it seems you are not the only one

spikeychris 15:41 29 Jan 03

Wheres the complaints? only asking so that I can show my wife who's always watching this rubbish..

TBH1 16:28 29 Jan 03

spartan - good link, mate - - - defo won't be spending money there. Think they must be due a visit from Trading Standards people or something - -

Wes Tam ;-) 16:28 29 Jan 03

My wife collects 'Just The Right Shoe' - priced at £12 - £17 each in our local jeweller.

She bought a collection via bid-up.tv at less than £3 each.

Go for branded gooods and always compare prices with what you know the high street price to be.

I wouldn't touch the jewellery.

spartan 18:58 29 Jan 03

spikeychris, if you go to the message board and click that then you will see that there are all the shopping stations listed, click bid up and look through the messages.

blakdog 23:53 31 Jan 03

Never dealt this way so I'm not sure of the full details but if you have completed an auction in the normal sense of online auctions then this amounts to a breach of contract. If they really don't have the goods, then one would have to ask why they were auctioning non existing items. I would agree, one for the Trading Standards.

gerry54 22:02 02 Feb 03

thanks to all who contributed-will pursue
gerry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…