Beware this scam. If you see this which has been advertised on a few other forums. I found it on a car forum.

It obviously is TO GOOD TO BE TRUE.

Subject: Re: Sony Vaio GRX-690 P4 Laptop

I'm selling one laptop for 450 usd. These laptops have been bought with stolen credit cards so they.re not very
legal :) they are brand new. All the laptops are with removed serial number so I can.t sell them legally.

Model: PCG-GRX690
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Battery Type: Lithium Ion
Average Battery Life: 4.5 H
Input Device Type: Touchpad, Jog Dial
Weight: 8.0 lbs
Processor Manufacturer: Intel
Processor Type: Pentium 4
Processor Speed: 2.0 GHz
Bus Speed: 400 MHz
Level 2 Cache: 512 KB
Hard Drive
Hard Drive Capacity: 60 GB
Hard Drive Type: Standard
Installed Memory: 512 MB
Number of Processors: 1
Maximum Number of CPUs: 1
Maximum Supported RAM: 1 GB
Connectors: USB
CD/DVD Drive
CD Read Speed: 24 X
CD Rewrite Speed: 8 X
CD Write Speed: 12 X
DVD Read Speed: 12 X
DVD Rewrite Speed: 24 X
DVD Write Speed: 10 X
Screen Type: AGP 4x
Diagonal Screen Size: 16.1 in
Video Card
Video Card Type: ATI Mobility Radeon
Video Memory: 32 MB
Sound Card
Sound Card Type: Integrated
Networking Type: Integrated
Networking Connection Type: Ethernet (10/100Base-T)

I and my partners have 13 carded laptops and have to sell them really fast. IF you want to buy don't worry about cops
you won't have any problems. We'll send the VAIOs as gift parcel with FEDX or UPS. The lappies are located in US and my
partners have them in stock ready to be shipped. I receive payment here in Manila, Philippines because here it's more
secure for us. Payment is with Western Union because it is more anonymous and secure. You can pay online with your
credit card at click here
About Paypal -some buyer reverse payment after I delivered the laptop

We are ready to send you one of these laptops at price 450 US dollars If you agree there is no time to waste send me an
e-mail with your Full
shipping address and name of the person who'll receive the laptop
First & Last Name .... .....
city: .................
STATE: ................ country: ..............
Street Address: .......
ZIP: .................

US shipping 2-3 days with UPS or FedEX

I'm waiting for your e-mail
Sincerely Tony Leung

jazzypop 20:29 11 Jul 03

Thanks for the warning. I suspect that the poster of the thread at click here wishes he had seen a warning like this :(

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:45 11 Jul 03

Anyone who sends money off for this obvious scam deserves to loose every penny as they cannot be trusted to own money.

ps...another clue is that Tony Leung is a rather famous actor from Hong Kong.

The Spires 10:21 12 Jul 03

It's plainly stated these goods are stolen, I personally hope anyone who goes for then looses lots of money & then their fingers drop off after a week or so.

woosydiver 12:56 13 Jul 03

I agree, those who openly want to buy stolen goods dererve what to be ripped off - they are as bad as the thieve's!

But maybe the seller is a bit of a Robin Hood & wants to rip off people who are into stolen goods? - not such a bad idea then.

Yes but if less people bought stolen goods in the first place then less goods would end up stolen!

Or is that where the fairies live??

john-232317 15:05 13 Jul 03

Jesus it sounds like Del boy flogging china 40 years ago on the market....."no disrespects to market traders"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…