Beware of Exchangfe Rates

HondaMan 10:31 26 Jun 10

I have just been on the WinZip site to puirchase their lsatest product, which is on offer at $49.95 or £42.95 in the uk.

I know they have to make a profit, but presumably they do this on the product. To make a further exhorbitant profit on the exchange rate is, in my view immoral. I know that the exchange rate varies but so should their prices!

Kevscar1 10:46 26 Jun 10

There must be a Uk site you can purchase it from.

Kevscar1 10:47 26 Jun 10

including their own

click here

spuds 23:37 26 Jun 10

There's nothing new about exchange rates being different on some products. New Microsoft products and other well known names have been in this category more than once.

If you were in some countries, you would be able to pick up an illegal copy for less than a fiver. But I am not saying that you should though!.

Boghound 08:24 27 Jun 10

Is the £42.95 including VAT? Many software companies now have a European office in Ireland and charge the Irish rate of VAT.

The easiest way to get around paying crazy European prises is to use their US sites and have a US address.

Kevscar1 11:43 27 Jun 10

boghound
he doesn't need to my link takes him to their UK site £25.95.
I always look for UK site before foriegn one and only buy from them if they are signifcantly cheaper or it can't be bought in the UK

spuds 11:46 27 Jun 10

And that would also mean having a US registered bank account or credit card. ;o)

Kevscar1 15:37 27 Jun 10

spuds
it doesn't I used to import from Taiwan always paid by debit card through Lloydstsb

spuds 22:49 27 Jun 10

I make a number of purchases mostly on a monthly basis from the USA and Asia, with a UK registered credit card via eBay PayPal or Amazon.

But in the case of making, or trying to make certain transactions, like Microsoft USA purchases and some other branded American software products, you may find that the purchase is blocked unless you have a credit or debit card registered in the USA. The same may apply to delivery address.This subject usually appears on this forum, when Microsoft or certain other software companies bring out a new product, and people question the cheaper products in the USA compared to the UK, and why they are unable to purchase direct from the USA.

Kevscar1 09:35 28 Jun 10

Sorry mate never had that problem. If I come across it I will e-mail and say you just lost another sale.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…