Best Virus Program????

babyalicep 22:34 23 Jan 09

cold somone ercomend a good virus program for me??? i went on the recomndation of a computer parts catlog. but now it crashes constly it very hard to keep it it runing. so was woundering if any one knew a beter program then CA Internet Security Plus.

2 Computers
Vista Ultimat
Vista Home Premium

Thanks in Advance.

Alice

RobCharles1981 23:17 23 Jan 09

click here

Something like

AVG
Avast

or if you want payed Nod32 is the one to go with but I have never tried it, I use Avast

curofone 00:02 24 Jan 09

My opinion Kaspersky and NOD32 are easily the best, I have tried the free AVG but can not say that i liked it that much as it was always throwing up false positives

oldbeefer2 10:12 24 Jan 09

Always used the free Avast - never had a problem.

wee eddie 11:25 24 Jan 09

I wonder at your comment about AVG.

I have been using AVG for years and have never had a "Positive" let alone a "False" one. I suppose that you could describe the Half Dozen or so Warnings, in all that time, that it has just "Stopped" X or Y as a Positive, or otherwise, but as this has affected my surfing in no way, I can't see where you're coming from.

Teaboy 11:36 24 Jan 09

What I disliked about AVG, befor changing to Kaspersky, was the accasional pop-up asking "so and so xxxxxxx is trying to connect to the internet, what action do you want to take? leaving me gobsmacked, being totally bogged as to what it was.

curofone 11:45 24 Jan 09

If i could be bothered to uninstall my nod32, download and install avg and get it to do a full scan i would send you some screen shots of the results which always show a list of .exe that contain viruses, not warnings but viruses and i am 100% sure that they are not viruses but alas i can not be bothered to all of that on my day off from work.

I am not saying that other people have had this problem or that it is a problem in particular with the free avg, i am just saying it is a problem that i have had this with avg and someone who did not know they were false positives would probably be deleting files they did not need to.

Like i said before if you are going to pay for an anti virus program i would go for kaspersky or NOD32, if i was going for a free one i would use avast and if i was going for a whole internet security suite then again i would go for the kaspersky internet security

wee eddie 12:04 24 Jan 09

It's your Firewall that's doing that, not the Anti Virus.

erkmatrix 16:24 24 Jan 09

I've tried Avast and AVG

Avast wasn't keen on the interface controls

AVG was ok but heard it misses some viruses

Settled on Avira which I really like and can't complain

tullie 16:35 24 Jan 09

If you want a freebie,go for Avast.

anthonystorey 11:09 25 Jan 09

download the trial version click here;jsessionid=39CB876564A2493CB35BAE0121FEFFCB.ASJPKPYA?product=21640053 i personally use kaspersky internet security and have found it to be excellent so you could evaluate it yourself (although you would need the 3 user edition if you wanted to buy) you will get it cheaper if you dont get it from kaspersky direct and shop around a little

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…