Best value for money printer cartridges

PC_HelpMe 15:46 PM 14 Sep 12

Hi folks,

I have an Epson SX440 and spent about £25 on some original Epson ink and I'm sure I haven't printed that much out - but it's already coming up that they are nearly empty!!

I have tried compatibles in the past but after the last lot I bought weren't recognised by the printer I went on to originals. I'm just surprised at how quick the originals have been used up.

Can anyone recommend any websites that sell decent compatibles and/or good price originals?

Thank you!

woodchip 16:12 PM 14 Sep 12

I just use cheapose from a Computer Fair for my Epson RX620 from new

woodchip 16:15 PM 14 Sep 12

PS depending how many I buy they work out at about £5 for a set of 5 carts that fit my printer

woodchip 16:19 PM 14 Sep 12

Type in the URL at the top then on the left for where to get them

PC_HelpMe 21:28 PM 14 Sep 12

Thanks woodchip will have a nosey :-)

BT 09:23 AM 15 Sep 12

There are Ciss ink systems available.

I got mine from an Ebay seller from France.. Cost me £33 for a pigment ink system including postage. Delivery was about 4 days and came with a instructional DVD and printed instructions.

CISS ink systems

PC_HelpMe 12:44 PM 15 Sep 12

Gosh I've never heard of one of them before. How long do they last?

BT 18:14 PM 15 Sep 12

"How long do they last?"

It varies but each ink tank holds 100ml of ink usually, so they outlast many sets of cartridges and you can buy ink to top them up, but at the price they are its only the cost of a couple of sets of cartridges, so well worth the initial cost.

I had one on my Epson D92 for several years, and now have one on my SX235W.

PC_HelpMe 18:34 PM 15 Sep 12

That sounds interesting BT - will they definitely be "rec

PC_HelpMe 18:44 PM 15 Sep 12

Sorry about that - it should have said "Will they definitely be recognised by my printer" - and how do they connect to the printer - do you need a lot of room around the printer for them - and do you have to have the printer lid open to use them?

I have an all in one printer/copier/scanner so I gather this won't work on mine.

proudfoot 19:43 PM 15 Sep 12

I havve used Internet Ink compatibles for many years with no problems whatsoever. Also they give 10% discount for future orders. Cartridges for my Brother printer have twice as much ink as the Brother originals.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know