Best Toshiba laptop for less than £500

NoopyS 13:41 28 Nov 10

I am looking for a new laptop as my Acer Ferrari 4000 is on its last legs after 5 years of solid use (and two drops!). It is still intact, without any cracks/dents, which I think is largely thanks to the carbon fibre lid. However, it doesn't charge properly anymore and has to be continually plugged into the mains.

After solid research I have decided to go for a Toshiba.

However, I don't know which model to choose from as there are so many!

I would like it to match the following criteria:
Price - £500
Screen size - 15.6"
Processor - intel i3
RAM - min. 3gb
Graphics card - preferably integrated
Battery - min. 6 cell
Must be brand new, not refurb.

Any advice would be most welcome!
Thanks

P.S - defo not looking for a Dell, Lenovo, Acer, HP

GaT7 16:18 28 Nov 10

This Toshiba Satellite C660-11K (details at click here) looks good for its £406 price tag at Amazon click here.

The same is £60 extra at most other places - e.g. click here.

I couldn't find any other Toshiba that met all your requirements, although I did spot 1-2 Samsungs that did. G

NoopyS 16:22 28 Nov 10

Thanks for your reply crossbow.

I would consider Samsung or Asus and would be interested in hearing about the other laptops you have in mind.

Cheers

chub_tor 19:06 28 Nov 10

click here#$=&xcUI=profile=neutralprofile;&_1sz/ should be a link to the Toshiba Laptop Selector into which you can put your requirements (including price) which will help you decide the best model for your needs. Once you have the model number you would like then you can Google it and see if you can get a better price.

chub_tor 19:09 28 Nov 10

That's not exactly the link I was trying to send you to but if you click on Laptops at the top a drop down menu will show that says a the top Help me Choose a Laptop. Then you can do a general search.

NoopyS 23:12 28 Nov 10

Thanks for the great tool Chub.

The Toshiba Satellite C660-11k still looks like the best for my price bracket.

rajensh2007 17:42 30 Mar 11

Toshiba is a global leader in the production of electrical products like desktops, laptops, net books, smart phones, printers; scanners etc.
The Toshiba Satellite C650D is a computer that is well known all over the world because of its unique features. Despite the fact that I cannot really claim that this is the best computer in the world, I would like to state here that it is definitely a most popular computer among the people who love performance. But before you make up your mind on whether or not you should buy this machine, I think it is proper that you first check out some of the reasons why people love buying this computer. In this article, we are going to look at some of the reasons.

Best Toshiba Satellite

rajensh2007 17:50 30 Mar 11

Toshiba is a global leader in the production of electrical products like desktops, laptops, net books, smart phones, printers; scanners etc.
The Toshiba Satellite C650D is a computer that is well known all over the world because of its unique features. Despite the fact that I cannot really claim that this is the best computer in the world, I would like to state here that it is definitely a most popular computer among the people who love performance. But before you make up your mind on whether or not you should buy this machine, I think it is proper that you first check out some of the reasons why people love buying this computer. In this article, we are going to look at some of the reasons.
<a href = "click here">Best Toshiba Satellite</a>

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5