The best things in life are free?

Be polite 13:49 27 Apr 04

I can't help but notice that as an owner of a PC I am bombarded daily with adverts that (not unlike a wife) try to entice us to part with our hard earned cash for a variety of software, hardware, gadgets and gizmos. But as a pauper this depresses me so I was wondering what is/are the best things one can install/do on/to a PC that is completely free?

Many thanks in advance.

Belatucadrus 14:19 27 Apr 04
  sidecar sid 14:19 27 Apr 04
  sidecar sid 14:20 27 Apr 04

Doh!

Be polite 14:32 27 Apr 04

Just like buses.......

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:35 27 Apr 04

click here don't be put off by the name....an excelellent cleaner.

G

spuds 19:02 27 Apr 04

Little free gems from here, if you entice them out click here click here click here

spuds 19:41 27 Apr 04

Also click here

Diodorus Siculus 08:11 28 Apr 04
  €dstowe 08:33 28 Apr 04

There are so many computers stuffed with either useless or never used programs and have useless gadgets and gizmos attached to them it's surprising they don't buckle under the strain.

Before you buy, beg, borrow or even get it for free think to yourself: "Do I need this?" More often than not the answer will be no. If the answer is yes, wait a few days and ask yourself the same question again. Only if the answer is yes again should you even give a slight thought to getting it.

€d

lamda 10:31 28 Apr 04

into my postings

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…