Best selling site?

rickf 11:31 AM 23 Sep 11

Hi, Where would be a better place to sell my Acer Tablet apart from eBay? They charge a Final Value sale price of around 10%. On top of listing fees, Paypal charges it would be well over £30. On trying to list this item for £260, the final value chrage was £27 alone. Any suggestions appreciated.

Autoschediastic 12:09 PM 23 Sep 11

rick i sold an item on ebay some time ago i felt i was robbed by them! they now charge 12% thats a fee that is not including the price of your advert! ive found Gumtree or Preloved to be great and free! BUT be warned gumtree has a lot of scammers asking you to send the item abroad! if you can see through the smoke you'l be fine on them sites..

Quickbeam 12:26 PM 23 Sep 11

I'm going to check these out myself.

Autoschediastic 12:33 PM 23 Sep 11

Gumtree is international whereas Preloved is more uk based, i prefare preloved ONLY cause there isnt many scammers on there..

Quickbeam 12:47 PM 23 Sep 11

OK thanks.

But I do so hate that preloved Americanism, it ranks right up there with have a nice day and missing you already...

rickf 13:54 PM 23 Sep 11

Thanks guys, will have a look at Preloved. Ebay has becomevery expensive. Not worth selling anything unless you are desperate. Daylight roberry it is. Worse than a certain Mr. Turpin!!!

Autoschediastic 14:39 PM 23 Sep 11

Rick myself and my wife had an Ecommerce business that failed due to no financial support from the goverment, We have quite a bit of stock left like Vicunia wool jumpers alpaca hoodies & such as, i want to put them on Ebay but i really cant justify their fee's anymore! last year i sold a iphone & i was forced to pay £46 for the sale of it.? yeah ok i made just over £300 on it but come on..

Forum Editor 17:10 PM 23 Sep 11

Transferred to Consumerwatch from Speakers Corner.

rdave13 18:10 PM 23 Sep 11

My sister in law seems to get quite some success in selling items through Facebook. You'd obviously have to have a lot of friends.

lindastone6020 07:58 AM 26 Sep 11

how about selling your Acer computer on amazon? maybe the charger is less there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11