best sat nav unit.

hzhzhz 21:14 14 Dec 05

Quite simply, what is the best sat nav equipment.

hzhzhz 21:16 14 Dec 05

Should be in digital world perhaps.

g0nvs 21:40 14 Dec 05

Tom tom GO.

hzhzhz 21:46 14 Dec 05

Which model do you use.

anchor 09:55 15 Dec 05

I also would recommend TomTom Go. Not perfect, but generally considered to be the best around.

If your need is mainly for use in the UK, then the new "TomTom One" should be your choice. It has the very latest SiRF Star IIIGPS highly sensitive receiver. Cost about £270.

Add on maps of other countries are available at extra cost.

click here

g0nvs 19:19 15 Dec 05

First one was a "Classic" until some light fingered ******** stole it, now "GO 300". Tom Tom ONE looks very good.

PaulB2005 19:46 15 Dec 05

click here

click here

click here

Best to remove all traces when it's not in the car including brackets and leads. A Camcorder case is apparently a good holdal.

HXP 20:40 15 Dec 05

ipaq 2210 ( or equivalent) fortuna bluetooth gps receiver & tom tom 5

Very good never let me down & a fully featured PDA with lots of free software from here
click here
click here

I think value for money having a PDA that plays MP3's Video, Runs office , and games is a better option than just a GPS unit - I only spend a couple of hours in the car each day so good to use the PDA for the remainder of the day.

HXP

hzhzhz 23:31 15 Dec 05

Excellent. Thanks everyone.

Stuartli 09:57 16 Dec 05

My son uses a PDA with TomTom software - as HXP points out you get a lot of versatility for around the same price.

sunny staines 17:31 16 Dec 05

tom tom go700 took me door to door to germany and back no problem would not have mastered the some of the complex motorway junctions in belgium without it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…