Best quality CD-R required for videos

Please can somebody tell me which CD-R's I should use to record video files on to, which will produce the best results when played back on an external DVD player.

I seem to remember that the colour of the CD coating can have affect the quality. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance

Iain.

-pops- 10:25 30 May 03

There's no general answer to this as much depends on the characteristics of your particular CD burner.

The best thing to do is buy a selection of brands and types of disk and see which suits you and your equipment.

I understand that you can't really give me a best brand. I just want to know which type would be best, i.e. blue, silver, gold..........

Stuartli 10:56 30 May 03

If you go to click here you will realise that there is no "best brand".

CD-R and CD-RW media on sale is produced by less than a score of manufacturers and they sell them under their name or other companies rebadge the media under their own name.

The website provided lists the actual manufacturers of the media, those who produce the best, average and poor products and who rebadges which manufacturers' media under their own name.

There are also similar details for DVD media.

-pops- 11:03 30 May 03

It really is a case of suck it and see. My Plextor drive produces good burns on almost any disk. A previous TEAC one hated just about everything except Memorex.

Thanks for that link. That was a really interesting web-site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…