best place to buy TFT

The GnoMe 20:52 07 Feb 04

Hi all just updating my comp, and want to buy a TFT screen, were is the best place (online or store) and what is the best to get (got about 300 pound)

as i have heard that some are rubbish

any advice is great

dotterel 22:59 07 Feb 04

I browsed the net for hours. Eventually found the cheapest place for the screen I wanted (Philips 170B4MG) was PCWorld! (£340). Delighted with it. It has a pivot function, so it can be used in portrait mode. I find this really useful. To find the one you like, you really need to see them in action. Basically everybody who has any TFT seems very happy! Do a search on this site for lots of opinions.

Rayuk 13:17 08 Feb 04

You have got a good deal there as a quick search prices range from £400 to £500 for this model.

Rayuk 13:22 08 Feb 04

Depends really do you play games at all?
Budget of £330-40 would give you a top notch model something like
Iiyama E431
Hyundai Q17s
LG 171OS
Hercules Prophetview 920
click here
A little light reading for you

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:59 08 Feb 04

'PCWorld are rip-off merchants charging high prices for goods'.....discuss ;-))) Just bought a Lide 80 scanner from them, same price as Ebuyer but no delivery charge.

G

ddd3 14:03 08 Feb 04

What I did when I was choosing a monitor last week was to check what were the best buys 6 months to a year ago, then I did a UK search for them. There's some bargains out there if you have the time to search, but remember the buyer's code. Check up on the company if you've never heard of them before.

Incidentally. Lowestonweb.com have the 17" Philips 170S4FB for ?294.98, all inclusive. Just about your price, but that's just an example, go and search and you'll find plenty more.

Rayuk 14:10 08 Feb 04

Have just come across this VideoSeven L17PS for £264
says has 16ms response times good for gaming

click here

Special offer

daviesjm 14:24 08 Feb 04

ebuyer.com is quite good, I got the gnr 17" F173 for under £400 last Easter.

anchor 15:55 08 Feb 04

They may have low prices, but these comments from their site do not inspire confidence in an efficient service.

Sales:
For Sales enquiries email [email protected]. Please be aware that due to the phenomenal success of LowestOnWeb we cannot currently guarantee a reply to all queries but we will attempt to reply as soon as possible.

Support:
For support enquiries, email [email protected]. Please note that sales queries WILL NOT BE RESPONDED TO from this email address.

Support hotline: 0906 265 4000 (£1 per minute) - please note that sales queries cannot be answered on this line. Please use the sales email address above.

If you ever need support, then the £1/minute charge will quickly eat-up any savings.

Joe McG 17:16 08 Feb 04

The GnoMe,

Have a look here, a 19inch model for £350

click here

accord 20:50 09 Feb 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…