Best PCI-express graphics card under £50?

Solgoth 21:40 11 Feb 06

I've been planning building a pc for the first time for a while now and I'm looking for advice about graphics cards.

I originally planned to get a £69 (novatech brand) or £76 (leadtek brand) Geforce 6600 256 mb graphics card. However, considering I'm not intending on playing games on a regular base it seems to me this might be overkill and a waste of money?

Will I miss out on anything getting a cheaper graphics card if I don't plan to play games much? I want to do a lot of 2D graphics editing and possibly a bit of video encoding - does the graphics card make a difference to performance with either of those or would I be just as well getting a budget graphics card?

If a budget graphics card would do just as well for what I want, what is the best card I can get for £50 or less? There doesn't seem to be much out for PCI-Express unfortunately and it needs to be pci-express.

rdave13 22:06 11 Feb 06

Dell seem to sell a lot of machines with RADEON X300SE 128MB PCI Express. Under £50 but personaly I'd go for a slightly more expensive one as your needs might change.

Mr Mistoffelees 09:50 12 Feb 06

I think you would be better served by spending the extra £19. If you don't, sooner or later, you will regret it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…