Best pc package for under £500?????

sobagirl 14:12 28 Jun 08

We've decided to renew our P Bell Imedia VL light.

We're on a budget though, and ideally, I'd like the best that £500 or under can get.

I had a look on the web, and there seems to be quite a few around the £400 price tag.

One snag though! I don't know what I'm looking for!

We use the PC to surf the net mostly, with kids using iTunes and storing photos, plus the odd game thrown in here and there.

I liked the Microsoft Works that used to be on our pc, until the hard drive crashed and I lost all the software that came with it!
It's never been the same since.

So what's out there that's good value, with good back up service and is fairly reliable?

Joe R 14:40 28 Jun 08

sobagirl,

PCA's own suggested best buy just now. click here

awest3 16:30 28 Jun 08

have a look at the dell site..I think the 531s comes in around your budget. and comes with MS works.

Al

awest3 16:35 28 Jun 08

sorry meant 530s
Al

day2strike 21:43 28 Jun 08

Well PCWorld is always worth a visit!

bnorth 16:16 03 Jul 08

worth remembering, Joe, that PC Advisor reviews only review the PC and not the PC maker ie they turn a blind eye to bad (or good) customer service

They say this is general to PC mag reviews and that it is unavoidable
"As I've said before, we (and other magazines) review computers, not companies. We test the hardware that is submitted to us, and we write reviews based on the results of those tests - it's the only way to do it."
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…